Thursday 15 November 2012

Party Organizing

I have always been fascinated with detail, elaborate planning, and personal touches.  That is why having the opportunity to plan for the different parties has become one of my favourite creative outlets.  It is a chance for me to unearth my creative alter ego and give celebrants the best memories of their childhood.



Party planning is not all glitz and glamour.  Not everything is as colourful and bubbly as the kid celebrant.  Because I want them to approve of everything beforehand, I make sure that whatever step I make should be according to her liking.  In short, it is a collaborative effort of my scrupulous planning skills and children's youthful idealism.










Choosing a theme is the first step of party organizing.  This is not as easy as it looks because what I think and what the client likes may be completely different.  To make sure I execute the theme properly, I ask what they want.  This way, I know exactly how to go about the other details.




Next comes the guest list.  Creating this guest list is not so difficult for me because all I need are the special people for the client.  After this, I go into the details.  This includes the venue for the party, the invitations, caterer, party favours, souvenirs, program, and the like.  The central theme of the party should be evident in the details.  Moreover, the individual details should be seen as a whole and not as segmented parts of the party.  I am proud to say that despite my busy schedule, I make it a point to make the souvenirs, invitations, and other favours.  I find that when I have my personal touch on these things.





Putting together a party that is well coordinated is a combo made in heaven: a marriage of art and my life’s bundle of joy.



It takes a lot of creativity, patience, resourcefulness, perseverance, focus, and ingenuity if you want to get into party organizing.  For me, what makes all of this party planning more meaningful is not the occasional tap from a friend, congratulating me for a job well done.  It is not all about seeing the others enjoy the party or become the talk of the town for setting up an extraordinary festivity.  Rather, seeing celebrators happy and enjoying their parties make all the efforts worthwhile.  Having an event done successfully is  my ultimate barometer when it comes to contentment.  I know I can finally say I am a certified party organizer in my own right when I see the precious smile from celebrants and guests.  That, in my opinion, says it all.

1 comment:

  1. The level of love and effort you put into all of these is amazing!

    ReplyDelete